The District is excited to offer All-Day Kindergarten! With this change, kindergarten screening and registration will be done at the same time. Contact the Superintendent’s Office at 208-892-1139 if you need to know which school zone you reside in.
To schedule your child’s appointment for the screening and registration, contact your hard zone school. The screening will help the teachers get to know the individual needs of the students and help answer any questions parents might have in order to prepare their child for kindergarten.
Screening and registration will take place at the following locations and an appointment is required:
- McDonald Elementary (208-882-0228) – TBA
- Lena Whitmore Elementary (208-882-2621) – TBA
- West Park Elementary (208-882-2714) – TBA
PARENTS MUST BRING:
- A certified birth certificate or passport.
- An up to date record of required immunizations signed by a health official. The required immunizations are: 5 doses of Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DTap); 2 doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR); 4 doses of Polio; 3 doses of Hepatitis B; 2 doses of Varicella (chickenpox); and 2 doses of Hepatitis A.
- Proof of Residency such as an electrical bill, lease, or any other document with your name and current address on it.
- Students must reside in the Moscow School District and must be 5 years old on or before September 1 in the year they are registering to attend Kindergarten (per Idaho Code 33-201. There is no flexibility in this law.)
- Final notification of school placement for students registering after the initial registration and screening process will be made in August before school starts to meet the requirement of equalization of class loads. For more information please contact the Superintendent’s office at 208-892-1139. Maps for elementary school zones are located on the website at Elementary Attendance Zones.