There was a great deal of excitement and fun at the school Wednesday! A huge thank you goes to our fantastic Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) for organizing a new fall fundraiser, the Read-a-Thon! We had a fun, end of the day assembly revealing our final total, raising a whopping $15,000! I think this is an all-time record! This money will go toward our new playground structure fund, help with building a walking track on our west playground field, helps with field trips and many, many numerous school programs. Thank you to everyone who donated, to our sponsors, and thank you to all of our PTO members who spent countless hours putting this all together.
We have lots more excitement coming our way-here are some important information events:
- The Monster Mash: Friday, October 27th, our 5th graders will come in costume and execute a spooky and entertaining musical performance. At 8:45AM they will perform for an all-school assembly in our gym. There will be very limited seating for family and friends at this performance. At 10:30AM, they will perform in the Main Chapel at Good Samaritan Village, just north of our school. Lastly, at 12:15PM, they will perform at the Palouse Mall, the best locations for family and friends to attend. The students are ready to put on a great show.
- Orange and Black Day: Our own student council passed a motion yesterday declaring October 31st as Orange and Black Day at McDonald school. Students are encouraged to wear those colors on Tuesday, October 31st. Only our Kindergarten students will be wearing costumes on that day. All students 1st through 5th can wear orange and black, no other costumes please.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences: Thursday and Friday, November 2nd & 3rd, McDonald school will be having parent/teacher conferences. Each parent with children from Kindergarten through fourth grade should have a conference scheduled. Fifth grade is having open conferences in the library. We want to make sure all of our parents are able to sit down with their child’s teacher to discuss progress and goals for the year. If you haven’t scheduled a time yet, please contact the school at 882-0228 so we can make an appointment for you!
- Lost and Found: Our lost and found is VERY FULL. There are loads of jackets, hoodies, and other items left behind. We have all of the lost and found laid out on tables in front of the office for you to check during parent teacher conferences. Any items without names on them will be donated after conferences.
- “Active Parenting” Classes: Starting Wednesday, November 1st, our school psychologist, Shahna Paul and Lena Whitmore school counselor, Meghan Raney, will teach a 3-week (Nov 1, 8, 15th) class on the Active Parenting Program from 6:00-8:00PM. Active Parenting has been a time tested program that is fabulous to use in your home. Please call the school at 882-0228 to sign up! The class is free and there is free childcare available.
- Turkey Trot: Our annual tradition of the Turkey Trot is right around the corner on Friday, November 17th. This is a wonderful all-school event highlighting team work, sportsmanship, physical fitness and school unity. Families and friends are invited to join us on our playground that afternoon to cheer on our runners.
October 27th –Friday The Monster Mash! All school assembly at 8:45AM, Good Sam performance at 10:30AM, 12:15PM at the Palouse Mall.
October 31st–Tuesday Orange & Black Day. All students, parents and staff are encouraged to wear these seasonal colors today. Grades 1-5, no costumes please.
Nov 1st & 2nd – Thurs & Fri No School: Parent/Teacher Conferences. Please contact your child’s teacher for a time for a conference time if you haven’t already done so.
November 1st –Wednesday Active Parenting Class. This is the first of 3 classes held on Wednesdays in November.
November 8th –Wednesday Active Parenting Class.
November 8th –Wednesday Picture Retakes: If you don’t like how the pictures turned out, return your child’s packet in its entirety and a new picture will be taken. Those who were absent on picture day will have their picture taken today.
November 13th–Monday PTO Meeting: 6:30PM, library.
November 15th –Wednesday Active Parenting Class.
November 17th THE TURKEY TROT! Will there be rain? Snow? Slush? Sun? Who knows? We will be running! Families are welcome to cheer us on for our annual fun! Students will be in multi-grade teams running with grade level peers in races around our beautiful playground. Festivities begin outside at 12:45PM.
November 20-24th Thanksgiving Break
Thank you for sharing your children with us, they are a delight every day.
McDonald School Principal