The Moscow School District Board of Trustees encourages community use of school facilities when such use is in the public interest, does not conflict with school activities, and is not detrimental to the purpose of schools. Residents, staff members, and community groups can make facility use requests by following the steps below:
All facility use requests are completed online. The first step needed to make an online facility use request is to create an ML Schedules user account. You can do so by by clicking the icon to the left. Be sure to complete all information fields and then click the submit button. If your registration was successful you will receive an e-mail confirmation. The links below will provide additional information if needed:
Creating a User Account and Associated Group (video)
Community User Quick Start Guide (pdf)
Once your account is created you can start making facilty reservations using ML Schedules. Click the icon to the left to reach the Log In screen. The video below will further explain the reservation process as will the Community User Quick Start Guide:
Making a Request Using ML Schedules (video)
Facility Use General Guidelines
- School groups, programs and activities will be given priority usage of all District facilities. The Superintendent or their designee reserves the right to deny or cancel requests for facility use, if a conflict with a school activity exists.
- Facilities Use Requests will not be processed until the District receives all information required on the District scheduling system, including the District Facilities Use Agreement (signed by the person responsible for the group making the request) and a certificate of insurance (when required). The District requires all non-MSD affiliated groups to furnish a Certificate of Insurance ($1,000,000 minimum liability coverage) that lists the Moscow School District as “Additional Insured.” This requirement may be waived (at the discretion of the District) if groups are requesting space for routine meetings.
- Fees for facility use will be set at the time the request is made according to the current District Facility Use Fee Schedule. Requesting groups will be classified as either MSD affiliated, non-profit/tax exempt or other to establish the appropriate facility use fee.
- The District will send an invoice to the user group after the event based on the current schedule of rental fees and applicable service costs as established by the Board of Trustees. It is expected that invoices will be paid promptly.
- User groups are responsible for providing adequate supervision of their activities. User groups are not permitted to enter into any area other than those areas identified in the reservation.
- Groups requesting the use of school facilities must designate one adult member of their group to be responsible for the program or activity at the time application for use of the facilities is made.
- The District reserves the right to request an organization to arrange for security protection, activity personnel and/or traffic supervision. Such requests will be at the discretion of the Superintendent or their designee, and at the expense of the lessee. Kitchen facilities may be used only under the supervision of a Moscow School District cafeteria worker or approved designee
- Smoking, use of tobacco products (including electric smoking devices) and/or illegal drugs and alcohol are prohibited on all school property (indoor or outdoor). Violations of this provision may result in the denial of future use of District facilities.
- On days when school is cancelled or dismissed early because of unexpected circumstances (i.e. – severe weather), all activities, including use of the school facilities by outside groups, will be cancelled.
- Any group using District facilities will be held responsible for costs incurred by the District due to damage or the need for excessive clean-up. The District reserves the right to charge additional custodial fees when a user group leaves the facilities in such condition that additional cleanup is needed prior to the next scheduled use of that facility.
- Any and all costs incurred by the District for damage to facilities resulting from said rental or use will be billed to the individual or group identified on the rental form.
- Facilities should be vacated by 10:00 pm unless other arrangements for a later closing time are made in advance.
Hold Harmless Clause: The User(s) undertakes and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the school, school board, administrators, principals, teachers and all other school employees, volunteers or representatives, and all persons and bodies corporate acting for or on behalf of them, against all liability, claims, demands, actions, suits, damages, proceedings, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) whatsoever (including injury to persons and damage to property) for which they may be or become liable directly or indirectly arising out of the use of District premises by the User(s) (or the servants, agents or invitees of the User(s), and for such further sums in excess of those contained in any insurance policy procured by User(s) relating to the use of the District premises or for such amounts as may not be payable under any such insurance policy.
Certificate of Insurance: The User(s) is to take out and maintain current throughout the term of this agreement a General Liability insurance policy with a reputable insurer, having an A.M. Best rating of A- or better, in which (a) the School is indemnified in an amount not less than $1 million for any claims whatsoever (including injury to persons or damage to property) arising out of the use of the School premises by the User(s); (b) the School is named as an Additional Insured under the policy; and (c) the policy or a certificate of insurance must be submitted to the District prior to use of the facilities. User(s) and the School agree that any insurance policies procured by User(s) that provide benefits or protection for the School shall be primary and that any policies procured by School that might happen to provide protection or benefits to the School arising out of User’s use of the School premises shall be excess.
Cancellation: The Moscow School District encourages the use of facilities by a variety of groups. However, the District discourages groups from reserving facilities and then not using them as this practice restricts other potential users from gaining access. Cancellations should be made seven days prior to the event. Cancellations may be accepted on an emergency basis with approval from the Superintendent or their designee. Cancellations due to inclement weather will be considered an emergency.