Parent/Guardian Expectations of the Adventure Club
- Children are cared for in a safe, supportive environment.
- They may visit with the staff about concerns related to their children or the program.
- They are informed about any misbehavior on the part of their children, and will be able to conference with the staff in order to bring about improvement of the situation.
- They are informed promptly if their children do not arrive at the program according to their enrollment information.
- The staff regularly announces program activities.
The Adventure Club’s Expectations of Parents/Guardians
- Pay fees on time.
- Keep enrollment records up-to-date.
- Pick up children on time.
- Follow the health policy.
- Contact the staff if their children will not be attending on a scheduled day.
- Pay attention to any communications from staff regarding their children’s behavior, and cooperate in efforts to bring about improvement in the situation.
Children’s Expectations of the Program
- To have a safe, supportive, and consistent environment.
- To use all program equipment, materials, and facilities on an equal basis.
- To receive respectful treatment from other children and staff.
- To have discipline that is fair and non-punitive.
- To receive nurturing care from staff who are actively involved with them.
- To be able to participate in interesting, developmentally appropriate activities.
- To be able to choose, whenever possible, from a variety of activities.
Program’s Expectations of the Children
- Responsibility for one’s actions.
- Respect the rules that guide them during the day and while at the program.
- Remain with the group and program staff at all times.
- Take care of materials and equipment properly, returning them when done.
- Arrive at Adventure Club promptly, according to enrollment information.
- Refrain from physical or emotional harm to others and themselves.