From the Library: Congratulations to Joey Williams, the Library Participation Winner for first Quarter! Eleven other students also had their names drawn for a special treat and will receive a treat ticket.
We will have another drawing at the end of second quarter, so continue participating in our library activities and checking out great books!
Sports Pictures have arrived. Please come to the office to pick them up.
All students are cordially invited to the Band and Choir Fall Music Concert tonight in the MPR at 7:00pm. The concert will last less than an hour and will feature Beginning Band, Wind Ensemble, 7th Grade Choir and 8th Grade Choir.
Lunchtime Activities: Sign-ups for basketball start this week for 3 on 3 in room 209 (Mrs. Leavitt’s room).
Stuffed Animal Drive – We are collecting new or gently used stuffed animals for the Latah County EMS. The stuffed animals are given to children when EMS responds to a pediatric call. The Latah County EMS is running extremely low on stuffed animals so donations are greatly appreciated. The drive will run from Oct. 30 to Nov. 17. Collection boxes are located at all the schools and the Moscow Public Library.
The MMS Food Drive will run November 8-17. Donated food and hygiene items will support the MMS Cub Cupboard. We will use the MMS Cub Cupboard to help MMS families get the nutritious food they need. Each Homeroom will have a box to collect donations. The Homeroom that donates highest average of needed items from the list below will receive donuts or pizza on Dec 4.
Cub Cupboard could use the following items:
- Cans of Chili
- Cans of Meals like Spaghetti O’s, Ravioli, and other easy-to-prepare foods
- Cans of Tuna
- Plastic jars of Peanut Butter (please, no glass)
- Boxes of pasta such as macaroni and cheese or hamburger/tuna helper
- Boxes of Cereal (please, no boxes so large that they won’t fit in a backpack)
- Pouches of instant oatmeal
- Baking Mixes
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Pads and tampons
- Shampoo and Conditioner
What we DO NOT NEED:
- EXPIRED FOOD—ANY VARIETY
- Dry Beans
- Cans of things like kidney beans and chili beans
- Club Sawdust will meet tomorrow after school.
- Tech Under Ground will meet on Thursday. We will start programming with the Circuit Playgrounds J so come on down and join us from 3:10-4:00.
- CRAFTY CLUBBERS: Our next project is STRING ART! This is a two-part project. The first installment is on Wednesday after school in the LLC. You will choose your string art design this week. On Monday the 13th, we will meet again to finish our projects in the Art Room. Please try to be available for both days to make your project. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Stone.