Mark your calendars for the McDonald School Talent Show 2017! This special show will be held on Weds., Mar. 1, at 6:30 p.m. in the Moscow High School Auditorium. Admission is free, so bring the whole family to see our Duck talent!
We welcome acts of all shapes and sizes; dances, gymnastics routines, instrument pieces, magic tricks, skits, singing groups, joke-telling, poetry recitation, martial arts routines, basketball rhythm dances, and more! A committee of teachers and staff will observe tryouts and select the acts. Selected participants will attend a mandatory meeting Tuesday, Feb. 28 in the Music Room after school, as well as the dress rehearsal Weds, Mar. 1st (students will need to make up school work missed during that rehearsal).
If your child is interested in trying out for the Talent Show, please review the following guidelines:
Students see Ms. Sant in Movement class to sign up for a time to try out for the Talent Show committee.
- K-2 try-out days will be Feb. 15, 16 11:10-11:50
- Grades 3-5 try-out days will be Feb. 21-23 11:45-12:25.
- Any number of McDonald students can perform in an act—the more, the merrier!
- A student may perform in one act.
- Acts must appear well-rehearsed, entertaining, and follow a one-minute time limit.
- Impromptu acts will not be performed in the Talent Show—students plan and practice on their own time. Some choose to use recess time, some get together outside of school.
- Students who wish to sing a song must have instrumental accompaniment without the lead vocals (pre-recorded or live) to help them stay on pitch. Download a karaoke version of a song from an on-line music download service and burn the file onto a CD or flash drive so your child can try out, practice, and perform with accompaniment. This CD or flash drive will be submitted in the Talent Show at the pre-show meeting Tuesday, Feb. 28.
- Students need to bring the following to try-outs: all props, accompaniment music, sheet music, instruments, etc., necessary for the act.
You won’t want to miss this exciting night, as an audience member or a performer! Please call if you have questions, 208-882-0228.
Stephanie Sant, Movement Specialist