Dear McDonald Families:
Welcome to the end of the school year! I believe we have had a wonderful year! Our students have grown so much physically, emotionally, and academically! We have lots of events scheduled for the last 4 days of school. Please contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions about additional activities. We have put these activities on our school calendar at www.msd281.org/mcdonald.
- 2nd grade, picnic at Rotary Park, 10:30AM-12:45PM.
- 1st grade, picnic at Mtn. View Park, 10:15AM-12:30PM.
- 5th grade, Robinson Lake Park, 10:45AM-2:45PM.
- Kindergarten to Hordeman’s Park, 12:20-2:00PM
- Mrs. Payton’s class to Russell Elem to meet penpals 12:15-1:35PM
- All school field day, 12:30-3PM, Just Dance then games & activities, sprinklers on and popsicles! Send bathing suits, towels and sunscreen with your children please.
- 3rd-5th grade Intermediate Assembly 9:20-9:50AM.
- K-2nd grade Primary Assembly 10:00-10:30AM.
- 5th Grade Graduation 12:00-1:15PM.
- All students: 1:30PM Release
Beginning of the Year Dates!
August 25th Class lists posted @ 4PM on our website and on our front doors.
August 28th Back to School Pizza Party and Open House, 5:00-6:30PM
August 29th First Day of School!
Summer movie tickets are now available in the school office. Movies sheets sell for $5, which includes 8 tickets that can be used for any of the summer Children’s Matinee Series movies. All movies start at 10:30AM this year. With each ticket sheet sold, McDonald PTO gets $1 toward school programs!
Look for our summer reading BINGO game card coming home! Students can fill it out over the summer and turn it in to next year’s teacher to earn a great surprise!
Fourth and fifth graders competed in the annual elementary track meet on Friday. I’m very, very proud of the way our young student athletes competed, cheered everyone on and had great sportsmanship. Have a great final week everyone!
Kim Mikolajczyk, McDonald Principal