Our building was originally constructed in 1952. Lena Whitmore Elementary School was named after a well loved teacher within the Moscow School District by the name of Ms. Lena Whitmore. Ms. Whitmore was a veteran teacher who served the students of our community with distinction for 48 years until her retirement in 1950.
In 1991, the kindergarten room was enlarged significantly and bathrooms were added in their room. During that same year, the gym/cafeteria was enlarged, and the library was added.
Thanks to the generous support of our community a facility bond was passed in 2013. Because of this support, in the summer of 2014, Lena Whitmore Elementary School windows were updated, a new roof was installed, and our student bathrooms were remodeled. During the summer of 2015, our gym flooring was replaced as well as our cafeteria tables.