The Moscow Middle School
Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow.
In an effort to improve system practices, Moscow Middle School is conducting a Parent Survey.
We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey.
In order to complete the survey, please go to:
Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous. Your honest opinion is appreciated.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
- Boy’s Basketball starts Monday, October 27th at McDonald Elementary. 7th grade practices from 3:30-5:00 and 8th grade will run from 5:00-6:30 on the 27th and 28th. On Wednesday, Oct. 29th practice for all student athletes will be held in the MMS MPR where we will split into times and learn the practice schedule for the remainder of the season. Games schedules will be posted on the MMS website under “Winter Sport Schedules” as soon as they are finalized through the Bi-State league.
- Moscow Middle School Newsletter 10-10-14
- Start of School Letter for Parents
- Parking at MMS will continue to be restricted well into the school year. Read the messenger that went out to parents on 5/22/14 here.
- Interested in registering at Moscow Middle School? Contact school counselors Nate Hespelt or Natalie Stone at 882-3577 for questions or to begin the registration process.
- While shopping for school clothes, please help our students remember to follow the MMS-Dress-Code.
- What school supplies will you need for school this year? Check out our recommended supply list.
Click on Tuesday Flyers at the top of the page to view community happenings.
5th Annual MMS Fun Run Kick Off
Ready, set, go! The entire school (6th, 7th, and 8th graders) at MMS participated in the fifth annual Fuel Up to Play 60 Fun Run. Prior to running on October 30, 2014, the entire school took the Fuel Up to Play 60 pledge, promising to live healthier lives and to be active at least 60 minutes each day. Pairing this wonderful school event with our Halloween costume day made the run even more exciting. If you look closely you can see running wizards, TVs, and an active turtle leading the front of the pack. Great Job MMS and Go Cubs!
- Java Island – 1st Place
- MMS Island Project Winners
- The 2014 Island Project competition is complete and the votes are counted. Congratulations to our top three 7th grade island project winners: Katie W. – Java Island, Ava B. – Huckleberryious Island, and Adela H. – Soul Island. These hard working 7th grade students from Mr. Albrecht’s and Mr. Haley’s classrooms competed against their peers to create and design the most fun, unique, and creative island projects. The annual island project has become a tradition at MMS, allowing the entire 7th grade to showcase their design brilliance and artistic abilities, while demonstrating their mastery of mapping and geography skills. Congratulations on a job well done!
Palouse Cares and so does Moscow Middle School
This November the seventh grade Introduction to Construction Technology class at Moscow Middle School is continuing the tradition of creating projects to be donated to the Palouse Cares Auctions. This is the seventh year Mr. Poulos has worked with Palouse Cares, a Non-Profit organization, and employees of Moscow Building Supply to help raise money for families on the Palouse. The two auctions are being held on December 6, 2014 in Moscow as well as in Pullman. The class is using 2×4 and 2×6 lumber donated by Moscow Building Supply employees to create two eight foot long picnic tables that will be sanded and ready to accept paint or stain. The picnic tables will include a built in drink tray for keeping beverages chilled. Please visit the auctions this year to help support our community and our students.
At the end of October Mrs. Scripter’s seventh grade English classes wrote, produced and performed “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow Puppet Theatre.”
Students used their knowledge of legends, plot, setting, character and oral performance.
Safe School Reporting Survey