It is the philosophy of the Board of Trustees that distribution or electronic posting of non-school district materials, dependent upon the nature and content of the materials, may indicate, at the very minimum, the appearance of endorsement by the District of such materials. All materials, regardless of format, purpose, or distribution method, must be approved in advance by the Superintendent or his/her designee. This includes surveys, and other publications sponsored or created by a non-school district group, agency, person, and/or organization. Electronic posting of all community flyers is the preference of the District. (12-13-16)
In determining whether or not to allow such non-school district materials to be distributed or posted to the District’s website, the following factors shall apply:
- The material has educational value.
- The material serves the general public’s interest and does not promote a political, religious, commercial, or other sectarian purpose.
- The material is age/grade appropriate.
- The material is not inflammatory or defamatory and does not disrupt an orderly administration of the District’s education.
- The material does not give the appearance of being school sponsored or of reflecting the District or administration’s views.
- The material is not likely to interfere with the District’s educational process, its operation, or school discipline.
- The material is of interest or has value for students and parents.
- The material does not create a profit for the author or sponsor. (3-26-02)