5060.01 Basic Policy
It is the policy of this District to maintain a learning environment that is free from harassment. Each student has the right to attend school in an atmosphere that promotes equal opportunities and that is free from all forms of discrimination and conduct that can be considered harassing, intimidating, bullying, cyberbullying, coercive, or disruptive. (2-23-10)
- Students attending district schools are:
- Prohibited from engaging in any conduct that could reasonably be construed as constituting harassment or intimidation on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, physical characteristic, gender identity, cultural background, socioeconomic status, or geographic location. (4-27-16)
- Prohibited from bullying, cyberbullying or sexually harassing other students.
- Required to report, to the school principal or designee, harassment, intimidation, bullying or cyberbullying of which the student becomes aware. (2-26-10)
- This policy applies to all conduct on the District’s premises and at school-sponsored events, conduct during transportation to and from school and school-sponsored events, and to conduct off the District’s premises that has an adverse affect upon a student’s educational environment. (3-26-02)