A four (4) member review committee comprised of the Transportation Director, the Special Education Director, the Superintendent or superintendent’s designee, and a district patron appointed by the Superintendent will review all written exceptions to policy requests. The Superintendent or designee will serve as chair in a non-voting capacity. The review process will be as follows:
- Committee reviews parent written request.
- Committee rules on the request.
- Committee decision reported to parent in writing
- Parent accepts the committee decision or requests a hearing before the committee for a second consideration
- Committee gives a second and final ruling on the request. (2-25-03)