The Moscow School District is committed to providing school environments that promote and protect children’s health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity. Therefore, it is the policy of the Moscow School District that:
- The school district will engage students, parents, Physical Education teachers, food service professionals, health professionals, administrator, member of the school board and other interested community members in developing, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing district-wide nutrition and physical activity policies. Information regarding the school wellness policy is available to the public on msd281.org. (3-38-17)
- All students in grades K-12 will have opportunities, support, and encouragement to be physically active on a regular basis before, during and after school. (3-38-17)
- Qualified child nutrition professionals will provide students with access to a variety of affordable, nutritious, and appealing foods that meet the health and nutritional needs of students; will accommodate the religious, ethnic, and cultural diversity of the student body in meal planning; and will provide clean, safe, and pleasant settings and adequate time for students to eat.
- To the maximum extent practicable, all schools in the District will participate in available federal school meal programs.
- Schools will provide nutritious foods, nutrition education and physical education to foster lifelong habits of healthy eating and physical activity, and will establish linkages between health education and school meal programs and with related community services. (3-28-17)