The Clerk of the Board shall perform the following duties:
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Trustees and keep accurate and complete records of Board proceedings. [IC 33-508]
- Sign appropriate official documents.
- Manage trustee election duties as required by law. [IC 33-502, 55-502B, 34-1407]
- Serve as custodian of the Board’s records and documents.
- Prepare, issue, and serve all orders of the Board.
- Post and publish all legal notices of the Board as required by law.
- Send to each Board member a written notice of all regular and special Board meetings, together with an agenda and appropriate material for the meeting.
- Prepare tentative minutes of each Board meeting and forward these to each Board member prior to each regular meeting.
- Conduct official correspondence of the Board; execute contracts as authorized by the Board; call meetings to order in the absence of the Chair and Vice-Chair, or to elect the Chair at the annual meeting; and perform all other duties as required by the Board and the Superintendent. (5-25-10)